Interested in Machine Learning and AI? Our team’s mission is to make machine learning easy, stronger, and universal in the world of Natural Language and Speech. We developed thriving ML services such as Comprehend, Kendra, Lex and Transcribe. We continuously work on adding new services to our portfolio, which address real world problems through research and innovation. We build state-of-the-art services using the latest deep learning techniques and highly scalable distributed systems engineering.
We are seeking an experienced people manager to lead a group of Sys Dev / Application Engineers creating solutions for developing high quality training data at a massive scale. The prospective manager will drive the teams roadmap, leading prioritization and delivery. He will also be responsible for operational excellence through continuous improvements, visibility and standardization to deliver high quality training data.
A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing automated solutions, developing and hiring talent, have strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Key responsibilities of the role include (not limited to):
· Manage the design and development of new software solutions supporting our internal teams, including code reviews, testing, deployment and post-launch monitoring
· Lead and manage the team that drives organizational standards for operational excellence and resiliency
· Develop, communicate, and maintain project road maps
· Establish strong relationships with internal partners and peer stakeholders to understand and meet their needs
· Dive into details of issues, make technical contributions, and drive the delivery of data at a massive scale
· Focus on hands on development of your team. Mentor, coach and grow highly talented engineers. Train engineers on best practices and drive operational excellence.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.