Oracle’s PeopleSoft applications are designed to address the most complex business requirements. These products are used by over 5000 large enterprises across the globe. The main PeopleSoft development centers for these products are in US, India and China. The India Development Center (IDC) is responsible for complete lifecycle of product conceptualization to design and development. These products provide comprehensive business and industry solutions, enabling organizations to increase productivity, accelerate business performance, and provide a lower cost of ownership.
PeopleSoft PeopleTools provides a comprehensive development toolset that supports the development and runtime of PeopleSoft applications. It enables application developers build and customize the PeopleSoft applications quickly and easily. It supports Oriented Architecture (SOA) through the use of the delivered, robust, middleware solutions.
This opening in the India Development Center is for a Senior Software Engineer in PeopleTools Development team. We are looking for candidates with strong technical skills and proven track record in building virtualization solutions for enterprises. This is a very challenging role and provides an opportunity to work on developing Enterprise Software Products used by large set of customers across multiple domains. It provides exciting opportunity to work across multiple technologies collaborating with teams worldwide.
– Design and development of large scale enterprise applications
– Strong expertise in Java or C++ is mandatory.
– Experience in Oracle DB and associated technologies
– Experience in scripting using Python would be advantage
– Basic understanding of Unix / Linux programming
– Deep technical understanding to lead and innovate best of class enterprise solutions.
– Minimum 4 years Software Product Development Experience.
– Provide Technical guidance and leadership for product development
– Developing applications working on Middleware products
– Development experience on both Windows and UNI
– Familiar with virtualization technologie
– PeopleTools, PeopleCode
– Experience in Cloud deployment and automation
– Knowledge of automation procedures and more importantly the challenges encountered when attempting to automate
– Preferable: Experience in automation using Puppet and Chef.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.